Dr. Subeer S. Majumdar has done his M.Sc. from Nagpur University and did his Ph.D. work at National Institute of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi, India. He did his Postdoctoral Research at School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, USA and at Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh, USA. He was working at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi prior to assuming this responsibility.
Fellowships of Science Academics:
1. Fellow: The National Academy of Sciences, 2009
2. Fellow: Indian National Science Academy, 2009
3. Fellow: Indian Academy of Sciences, 2014
1. Bob Edward Oration Award for Studies of Functional Genomics, To Decipher New Factors which may Aid to generate Fertile Sperm, In cases of Idiopathic Male infertility at 8th International congress of ACE (July, 2019)
2. The J.C. Bose Fellowship (March 2018)
3.Manipal Association of Clinical Embryologists (MACE) Award 2016 for outstanding contribution to embryology (March 2017)
4. Dr. NN Dastur Memorial Oration award awared during NDRI’s Academic Week celebrations (February 2017).
5. Dr. T. C. Anandkumar Gold Medal Oration award of Indian society for study of Reproduction and Fertility, (Feb, 2014)
6. Richard Masillamony Gold medal oration award, given by Indian Society for Veterinary immunology and Biotechnology, (2013).
7. P. Govindarajalu Gold medal oration award for Reproductive sciences by Society of Reproductive Biology and Cellular Endocrinology (2012).
8. TATA INNOVATION Fellowship, Given by DBT for application oriented innovative research carried in India, (2011).
9. National Academy of Science – Reliance Industries platinum Jubilee award for application oriented innovations in biological sciences, (2011).
10. Labshetwar Award, Given by the Indian Society for study of Reproduction and fertility for population control, (2007).
11. Fellow, The Lalor Foundation, USA, Southern Illinois Univ, 1989-1990
12. Fellow: AW Mellon Foundation, USA, Univ. of Pittsburgh, 1991-1994
Membership of Professional Societies:
1. Member, the Endocrine Society, USA
2. Member, Society for the Study of Reproduction, USA