Education and Training:
Dr Sanjay Singh completed B.Sc. degree (Biology and Chemistry, 2001) from Ewing Christian College, Allahabad, India and M.Sc. degree (Biochemistry, 2004) from University of Allahabad, India. He completed Ph.D. (Biotechnology/Nanobiotechnology, 2008) from CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory (Pune University), Pune, India. Subsequently, he worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA (2008 – 2011) and at Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, USA (2011 – 2012). He joined Ahmedabad University and worked as an Assistant Professor (2012 – 2017) and Associate Professor (2017 – 2021). He was also a visiting professor at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia (2015 – 2016), University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA (2017), and University of Twente, Netherlands (2019). Dr Singh joined NIAB on 31st May 2021.
Selected awards, honours and fellowships:
2015: Endeavour Research Fellowship by Government of Australia
2015: Travel Award by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), India
2016: Research Excellence Award by Ahmedabad University, India
2016: Yamagiwa-Yoshida Memorial international study grant award by Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), Japan
2017: Ambassador, Australian Awards by Australian High Commission New Delhi
2017: International Association of Advanced Materials Scientist Medal (IAAM Scientist Medal)
2018: Research Excellence Award by Ahmedabad University, India
2018: Travel Award by Science and Engineering Research Board, India
2018: EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) fellowship, Europe
2020: Placed in World’s top 2% Scientists list by Stanford University
2021: Section Editor (Biomedical/Medical Biotechnology) for the journal 3Biotech (Springer Nature).
Area of specialization: Nanomaterial synthesis, Nanozymes, Drug/Gene delivery, Biosensing, Redox-active nanomaterials, Antioxidant/Pro-oxidant nanomaterials, Cell imaging.
Research Experience and Interests:
The broad area of interest of Dr Singh’s research encompasses Nanoscience and Nanotechnology and their biological applications. He develops redox-active nanozymes that could selectively work as antioxidants or pro-oxidants. Antioxidant nanozymes are also tested in mammalian cell culture models for imparting protection from free radicals whereas pro-oxidants are used for anticancer and antibacterial activities. Dr Singh also develops novel nanomaterials (metallic, metal-oxides, core-shell, alloys, and nanoclusters) that could be used for various applications including biosensing, cell specific targeting, and chemical catalysis.
Dr Singh also develops novel formulations (liposomal and polymeric) for the delivery of anticancer drugs/plasmids/siRNA/fluorescent dyes etc. and realize their uses in various mammalian cell culture models. He is also interested in synthesizing nanoliposomes encapsulating multiple drugs/genes and other bioactive compounds.
1. V. Unadkat, P. Parikh, K. Patel, V. Sanna, Sanjay Singh*, Identification of 1,2,4-oxadiazoles-based novel EGFR inhibitors: Molecular Dynamics Simulation-guided identification and in vitro ADME studies, OncoTargets and Therapy, 2022 (Accepted). IF = 4.1
2. N. Yadav, V. Patel, L. McCourt, M. Ruppert, M. Miller, T. Inerbaev, S. Mahasivam, V. Bansal, A.Vinu, Sanjay Singh* and A. Karakoti*, Tuning the enzyme-like activities of cerium oxide nanoparticles using triethyl phosphite ligand, Biomaterials Science, 2022 (Accepted). IF = 6.8
3. S. Chakraborty, P. Prakash, J. Shah, C. Mayya, Sanjay Singh, R. Ranganathan, V. Soppina, E. V. Jones, S. K. Misra, CuO nanoparticles as Copper-Ion reservoirs for elesclomol-mediated intracellular oxidative stress: implications for anticancer therapies, ACS Applied Nano Materials, 2022, 5, 1, 1607–1620. IF = 5.0
4. P. Fadia, S. Tyagi, S. Bhagat, A. Nair, P. Panchal, H. Dave, S. Dang, Sanjay Singh*, Calcium carbonate nano and microparticles: synthesis methods and biological applications, 3Biotech, 2021, 11, 457. IF = 2.45
5. M.S. Lord$, J.F. Berret$, Sanjay Singh$, A. Vinu, A.S. Karakoti, Redox Active Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles: Current Status and Burning Issues, Small, 2021 (Accepted). $Equal contribution. IF- 13.2
6. V. Jain, S. Bhagat, Sanjay Singh, Bovine serum albumin decorated gold nanoclusters: A fluorescence-based nanoprobe for detection of intracellular hydrogen peroxide, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2021, 327, 128886. IF- 7.4
7. S. Bhagat, N. Yadav, J. Shah, H. Dave, S. Swaraj, S. Tripathi, Sanjay Singh, Novel corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic: current status and possible strategies for detection and treatment of the disease, Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy, 2021, 1-24. IF- 5.0
8. N. Yadav, Sanjay Singh, Polyoxometalate-mediated vacancy engineered cerium oxide nanoparticles exhibiting controlled biological enzyme mimicking activities, Inorganic Chemistry, 2021, 60, 10, 7475–7489. IF- 5.1
9. A. Paruthi, J. M. Brown, E. Panda, A. R. Singh Gautam, Sanjay Singh, S. K. Misra, Transformation in band energetics of CuO nanoparticles as a function of solubility and its impact on cellular response, NanoImpact, 2021, 22, 100324. IF- 5.3
10. N. Yadav, Sanjay Singh, SOD mimetic cerium oxide nanorods protect human hepatocytes from oxidative stress, Emergent Materials, 2021, 32, 1-13.
11. V. Unadkat, S. Rohit, P. Parikh, V. Sanna, Sanjay Singh, Rational design-aided discovery of novel 1,2,4-oxadiazole derivatives as potential EGFR inhibitors, Bioorganic Chemistry, 2021, 105124. IF- 5.2
12. NVS Vallabani, A Vinu, Sanjay Singh, A Karakoti, Tuning the ATP-triggered pro-oxidant activity of iron oxide-based nanozyme towards an efficient antibacterial strategy, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2020, 567, 154-164. IF- 8.1
13. S. Bhagat, Sanjay Singh, Co-delivery of AKT3 siRNA and PTEN Plasmid by Antioxidant Nanoliposomes for Enhanced Antiproliferation of Prostate Cancer Cells, ACS Applied Bio Materials 2020, 3, 7, 3999–4011. – Accepted as Cover Page Article.
14. P. Jain, S. Bhagat, L. Tunki, AK. Jangid, Sanjay Singh, D. Pooja, H. Kulhari, ACS Applied Material Interfaces 2020, 12, 10170−10182. IF- 9.2
15. J. Shah, A. Pandya, P. Goyal, S K. Misra, Sanjay Singh, BSA-Decorated Magnesium Nanoparticles for Scavenging Hydrogen Peroxide from Human Hepatic Cells, ACS Applied Nano Materials 2020, 3, 4, 3355–3370. IF- 5.0
16. S. Chakraborty, BK. Mahadevan, J. Shah, K. Panse, B. Malvi, C. Balasubramanian, Sanjay Singh, SK. Misra, Enhanced detection using stable isotope enriched 65Cu doped ferrite nanoparticles for tracing studies, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2020, 822, 153502. IF- 5.3
17. N. Gupta, S. Bhagat, M. Singh, A. K. Jangid, V. Bansal, Sanjay Singh, D. Pooja, H. Kulhari, Site-specific delivery of a natural chemotherapeutic agent to human lung cancer cells using biotinylated 2D rGO nanocarriers, Materials Science & Engineering C 2020, 112, 110884. IF- 7.3
18. R. Singh, S. Cheng, Sanjay Singh, Oxidative stress‑mediated genotoxic effect of zinc oxide nanoparticles on Deinococcus radiodurans, 3Biotech, 2020, 10, 66. IF- 2.4
19. P. C. Naha, J. C. Hsu, J. Kim, S. Shah, M. Bouché, S. Si-Mohamed, D. N. Rosario-Berrios, P. Douek, M. Hajfathalian, P. Yasini, Sanjay Singh, M. A. Rosen, M. A. Morgan, D. P. Cormode, Dextran-coated cerium oxide nanoparticles: a computed tomography contrast agent for imaging the gastrointestinal tract and inflammatory bowel disease, ACS Nano, 2020, 14, 8, 10187-10197. IF- 15.8
20. F. Shah, N. Yadav, Sanjay Singh, Phosphotungstate-sandwiched between cerium oxide and gold nanoparticles exhibit enhanced catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol and peroxidase enzyme- like activity, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2020, 111478. IF- 5.2
21. V. Baldim, N. Yadav, N. Bia, A. Graillot, C. Loubat, Sanjay Singh, A. S. Karakoti, Jean- François Berret, Polymer-Coated Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles as Oxidoreductase-like Catalysts, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2020, 12, 37, 42056-42066. IF- 9.2
22. R. Singh, Sanjay Singh, Redox-dependent catalase mimetic cerium oxide-based nanozyme protect human hepatic cells from 3-AT induced acatalasemia, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2019, 175:625-635. IF- 5.2
23. N V S Vallabani, Sanjay Singh, A. Karakoti, Magnetic Nanoparticles: Current Trends and Future Aspects in Diagnostics and Nanomedicine, Current Drug Metabolism, 2019; 20(6): 457- 472. IF- 3.7
24. V. Patel, M. Singh, E.L.H. Mayes, A. Martinez, V. Shutthanandan, V. Bansal, Sanjay Singh, A.S. Karakoti, Ligand-mediated reversal of the oxidation state dependent ROS scavenging and enzyme mimicking activity of ceria nanoparticles, Chemical Communications, 2018, 54(99):13973-13976. IF- 6.2
25. Sanjay Singh, Nanomaterials exhibiting enzyme-like properties (Nanozymes): Current advances and future perspectives, Frontiers in Chemistry, 2019, 7, 46. IF- 5.2
26. D. Jhala, H. Rather, D. Kedaria, J. Shah, Sanjay Singh, R. Vasita, Biomimetic PCL-Chitosan Nanofibrous substrate influenced cell cycle and ECM secretion affect cellular uptake of nanoclusters, Bioactive Materials, 2019, 4, 79 – 86. IF- 14.5
27. N V S Vallabani, Sanjay Singh, A. Karakoti, Investigating the Role of ATP towards Amplified Peroxidase Activity of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles in Different Biologically Relevant Buffers, Applied Surface Science, 2019, 492, 337-348. IF- 6.7
28. Sanjay Singh, Emerging Trends in Nanotechnology: Nanozymes, Imaging Probes and Biosensors and Nanocarriers, Current Drug Metabolism, 2019, 20 (6), 414 – 415. IF- 3.7
29. S. Bhagat, Y. Parikh, Sanjay Singh, S. Sengupta, A novel nanoliposomal formulation of the FDA approved drug Halofantrine causes cell death of Leishmania donovani promastigotes in vitro, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2019, 582, 123852. Accepted as Cover Page article. IF- 4.5
30. V Jain, S Bhagat, M Singh, V Bansal, Sanjay Singh, Unveiling the effect of 11-MUA coating on biocompatibility and catalytic activity of Gold-core Cerium oxide-shell-based nanozyme, RSC Advances, 2019, 9, 33195. IF- 3.3
31. M Shah, J Shah, H Arya, A Vyas, A Vijapura, A Gajipara, A Shamal, M Bakshi, P Thakore, R Shah, V Saxena, D Varade, Sanjay Singh, Biological Oxidase Enzyme Mimetic Cu-Pt Nanoalloys: A Multifunctional Nanozyme for Colorimetric Detection of Ascorbic Acid and Identification of Mammalian Cells, ChemistrySelect 2019, 4, 6537 –6546. IF- 2.1
32. K. D. Shah; R Singh; Sanjay Singh, Redox-Active Cerium Oxide Based Nanozyme Abrogate The Organophosphate Mediated Poisoning In Mammalian Cells, Advanced Materials Letters, 2018, 9 (10), 737-747.
33. H. A. Rather, R Singh, Sanjay Singh, R Thakore, D Jhala, R Vasita, Antioxidative study of Cerium Oxide nanoparticle functionalized PCL-Gelatin electrospun fibers for wound healing application, Bioactive Materials, 2018, 3(2), 201-211. IF- 14.5
34. Juhi Shah, Sanjay Singh, Unveiling the Role of ATP in Amplification of Artificial Peroxidase Activity of Gold Nanoparticles: A Surface Charge Effect, 3Biotech, 2018, 8 (1), 67. IF- 2.4
35. Stuti Bhagat, NV Srikanth Vallabani, V. Shutthanandan, Mark Bowden, Ajay S Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, Gold core/ceria shell-based redox active nanozyme mimicking the biological multienzyme complex phenomenon, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2018, 513, 831- 842. IF- 8.1
36. Sanjay Singh, Catalytically Active Nanomaterials: Artificial Enzymes of Next Generation, Nanosci Technol., 2018, 4 (2), 1-6.
37. P Singh, Sanjay Singh, G S Pandi, Effective heart disease prediction system using data mining techniques, International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2018, 13, 121–124. IF- 6.4
38. Sanjay Singh, Liposome encapsulation of doxorubicin and celecoxib in combination inhibits progression of human skin cancer cells, International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2018, 13, 11– 13. IF- 6.4
39. D Shah, R Savaliya, P Patel, K Kansara, A Pandya, A Dhawan, Sanjay Singh, Curcumin Ag nanoconjugates for improved therapeutic effects in cancer, International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2018, 13, 75–77. IF- 6.4
40. P Patel, K Kansara, R Singh, R K Shukla, Sanjay Singh, A Dhawan, A Kumar, Cellular internalization and antioxidant activity of cerium oxide nanoparticles in human monocytic leukemia cells, International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2018, 13, 39–41. IF- 6.4
41. R Purohit, Sanjay Singh, Fluorescent gold nanoclusters for efficient cancer cell targeting, International Journal of Nanomedicine 2018, 13, 15–17. IF- 6.4
42. J Sachaniya, R Savaliya, R Goyal, Sanjay Singh, Liposomal formulation of vitamin A for the potential treatment of osteoporosis, International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2018, 13, 51–53. IF- 6.4
43. M N Karim, M Singh, P Weerathunge, P Bian, R Zheng, C Dekiwadia, T Ahmed, S Walia, E D Gaspera, Sanjay Singh, R Ramanathan, V Bansal, Visible-Light-Triggered Reactive-Oxygen- Species-Mediated Antibacterial Activity of Peroxidase-Mimic CuO Nanorods, ACS Applied Nano Materials, 2018, 1, 4, 1694 – 1704. IF- 5.0
44. M N Karim, S R Anderson, Sanjay Singh, R Ramanathan, V Bansal, Nanostructured silver fabric as a free-standing NanoZyme for colorimetric detection of glucose in urine, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2018, 110, 8-15. IF- 10.6
45. R. Singh, Sanjay Singh, Uptake and Toxicity of different nanoparticles towards a tough bacterium: Deinococcus radiodurans, Advanced Materials Letters, 2018 9 (7), 531-537.
46. R. Singh, Sanjay Singh, Catalytically active cerium oxide nanoparticles protect mammalian cells from endogenous reactive oxygen species, Materials Today Proceedings, 2018, 4 (2), 1-6.
47. R. Asal, S. Bhagat, Sanjay Singh, Development of liposome-based antioxidant nanoconstruct for efficient delivery of PTEN plasmid, Materials Today Proceedings, 2018, 10, 60–65.
48. K. D. Shah, S. Bhagat, D. Varade, Sanjay Singh, Novel synthesis of polyoxyethylene cholesteryl ether coated Fe-Pt nanoalloys: A multifunctional and cytocompatible bimetallic alloy exhibiting intrinsic chemical catalysis and biological enzyme-like activities, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2018, 553, 50–57. IF- 4.5
49. NVS Vallabani, Sanjay Singh, Recent Advances and Future Prospects of Iron Oxide nanoparticles in Biomedicine and Diagnostics, 3Biotech, 2018, 8, 279. IF- 2.4
50. Sanjay Singh, R. Asal, S. Bhagat, Multifunctional antioxidant nanoliposomes-mediated delivery of PTEN plasmids restore the expression of tumor suppressor protein and induce apoptosis in prostate cancer cells, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part A, 2018, 12, 3152-3164. IF- 4.4
51. R. Gowda, G. Kardos, A. Sharma, Sanjay Singh, G. P. Robertson, Nanoparticle-based Celecoxib and Plumbagin for the Synergistic Treatment of Melanoma, Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 2017, 16(3), 440-452. IF- 6.2
52. R. Singh, A. Karakoti, W. Self, S. Seal, Sanjay Singh, Redox-sensitive cerium oxide nanoparticles protect human keratinocytes from oxidative stress induced by glutathione depletion, Langmuir, 2016, 32 (46), 12202–12211. IF- 3.9
53. NV Srikanth Vallabani, A S Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, ATP-mediated intrinsic peroxidase-like activity of Fe3O4-based nanozyme: One step detection of blood glucose at physiological pH., Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2017, 153, 52–60. IF- 5.2
54. B. Sargia, J. Shah, R. Singh, H. Arya, M. Shah A. Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, Phosphate- dependent modulation of antibacterial strategy: a redox state-controlled toxicity of cerium oxide nanoparticles, Bulletin of Materials Science, 2017, 70 (6) 1231–1240. IF- 1.8
55. Sanjay Singh, Glucose decorated gold nanoclusters: A membrane potential independent fluorescence probe for rapid identification of cancer cells expressing Glut receptors, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2017, 155, 25 – 34. IF- 5.2
56. R Savaliya, P Singh, Sanjay Singh, “Pharmacological drug delivery strategies for improved therapeutic effects: Recent advances”, Current Pharmaceutical Design 2016, 22(11), 1506-20. IF- 3.1
57. R Purohit, NVS Vallabani, RK Shukla, A Kumar, Sanjay Singh, “Effect of Gold Nanoparticle Size and Surface Coating on Human Red Blood Cells”, Bioinspired, Biomimetic and Nanobiomaterials 2016, 5 (3), 121-131. IF- 1.3
58. Sanjay Singh, A. Kumar, Engineered Nanomaterials: Safety and Health Hazard, International Journal of Nanotechnology & Nanomedicine, 2016, 1, 1-23.
59. Sanjay Singh, Cerium Oxide Based Nanozymes: Redox Phenomenon at Biointerfaces, Biointerphases, 2016, 11, 04B202. IF- 2.4
60. A. S. Karakoti, R. K. Shukla, R. Shanker, Sanjay Singh, Surface Functionalization of Quantum Dots for Biological Applications, Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2015, 215, 28-45. IF- 12.9
61. K. Kansara, P. Patel, D. Shah, R. K. Shukla, Sanjay Singh, A. Kumar, A. Dhawan, TiO2 Nanoparticle induce DNA double strand breaks and cell cycle arrest in human alveolar cells, Environment and Molecular Mutagenesis, 2015, 56, 204–217. IF- 3.2
62. R. Singh, Sanjay Singh, Role of Phosphate on Stability and Catalase Mimetic Activity of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2015, 132, 78-84. IF- 5.2
63. J. Shah, R. Purohit, R. Singh, A. S. Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, ATP-enhanced peroxidase-like activity of gold nanoparticles, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2015, 456, 100-107. IF- 8.1
64. R. Savaliya, D. Shah, R. Singh, A. Kumar, R. Shankar, A. Dhawan, Sanjay Singh Nanotechnology in Disease Diagnostic Techniques, Current Drug Metabolism, 2015, 16(8), 645- 661. IF- 3.7
65. A Pandya, A Tripathi, R Purohit, Sanjay Singh, M I. Nandasirid, A Karakoti , S P. Singh, R Shanker, “Fluorescent Magnesium Nanocomplex in Protein Scaffold for Cell Nuclei Imaging Application”, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 94236-94240. IF- 3.3
66. P. Patel, K. Kansara, D. Shah, NV Srikanth Vallabani, R. K. Shukla, Sanjay Singh, A. Dhawan, A. Kumar, “Cytotoxicity assessment of ZnO nanoparticles on human epidermal cells” Molecular Cytogenetics, 2014, 7(Suppl 1), P81.
67. K. Kansara, P. Patel, D. Shah, NV Srikanth Vallabani, R. K. Shukla, Sanjay Singh, A. Kumar, A. Dhawan, “TiO2 nanoparticles induce cytotoxicity and genotoxicity in human alveolar cells” Molecular Cytogenetics, 2014, 7(Suppl 1), P77.
68. R. Purohit, NV Srikanth Vallabani, R. K. Shukla, A. Kumar, A. Dhawan, Sanjay Singh, “BSA coated gold nanoparticles exhibit size dependent interaction with lung cancer (A549) cells” Molecular Cytogenetics, 2014, 7(Suppl 1), P83.
69. R. K. Shukla, A. Kumar, NV Srikanth Vallabani, Sanjay Singh, A. Dhawan, “TiO2 NPs induced hepatic injury in mammals: a mechanistic approach” Molecular Cytogenetics, 2014, 7(Suppl 1), P82.
70. R. Singh, R. K. Shukla, A. Kumar, A. Dhawan, Sanjay Singh, “PEGylated nanoceria protect human epidermal cells from reactive oxygen species” Molecular Cytogenetics, 2014 7(Suppl 1), P78.
71. NV Srikanth Vallabani, R. K. Shukla, D. Konka, A. Kumar, Sanjay Singh, A. Dhawan, “TiO2 nanoparticles induced micronucleus formation in human liver (HepG2) cells: comparison of conventional and flow cytometry based methods” Molecular Cytogenetics, 2014 7(Suppl 1), P79.
72. S. Das, Sanjay Singh, D. Joung, J. Dowding, D. Reid, L. Zhai, S. Khondaker, W. Self, S. Seal, “Oxygenated Functional Group Density on Graphene Oxide: Its Effect on Cell Toxicity” Particle & Particle Systems Characterization, 2013, 30 (2), 148-157.
73. S. M. Hirst, A. Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, W. T. Self, S. Seal, C. M. Reilly, “Bio-distribution and in vivo antioxidant effects of cerium oxide nanoparticles in mice” Environmental Toxicology, 2013, 28, 107-118.
74. Sanjay Singh, “Nanomaterials as Non-viral siRNA Delivery Agents for Cancer Therapy”, BioImpacts, 2013, 3(2), 53-65.
75. M. Srivastava, Sanjay Singh, W. T. Self, “Exposure to Silver Nanoparticles Inhibits Selenoprotein Synthesis and the Activity of Thioredoxin Reductase through Release of Silver Ions” Environmental Health Perspective, 2012, 120, 56-61.
76. V. Singh, Sanjay Singh, S. Das, A. Kumar, W. T. Self, S. Seal, “A facile synthesis of PLGA encapsulated cerium oxide nano particles: Release kinetics and biological activity” Nanoscale 2012, 4, 2597-2605.
78. Sanjay Singh, A. Sharma, GP Robertson, “Realizing the Clinical Potential of Cancer Nanotechnology by Minimizing Toxicological and Targeted Delivery Concerns” Cancer Research, 2012, 72 (22), 5663-8.
79. S. Das*, Sanjay Singh*, J. Dowding, S. Oommen, A. Kumar, CR. Patra, NE. Vlahakis, D. Mukhopadhyay, WT. Self, S. Seal, “The induction of angiogenesis by cerium oxide nanoparticles through the modulation of oxygen in intracellular environments”, Biomaterials 2012, 33 (31), 7746-55. *Equal contribution
80. Sanjay Singh, T. Pirmohamed, A. S. Karakoti, A. Kumar, S. Seal, W. T. Self, “A phosphate- dependent shift in redox state of cerium oxide nanoparticles leads to altered catalytic properties” Biomaterials, 2011, 32, 6745-6753.
81. Sanjay Singh, V. D’ Britto, A. Prabhune, A. Dhawan, C. V. Ramanna, B. L. V. Prasad, “Cytotoxic and Genotoxic Assessment of Glycolipid Reduced/Capped Gold and Silver Nanoparticles” New J. Chem., 2010, 34, 294-301.
82. A. Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, A. Kumar, M. Malinska, SVNT. Kuchibhatla, K. Wozniak, W. Self, and S. Seal, “PEGylated Nanoceria as Radical Scavenger with Tunable Redox Chemistry” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131, 14144-14145.
83. T. Pirmohamed, J. M. Dowding, Sanjay Singh, B. Wasserman, E. Heckert, A. Karakoti, J. E. S. King, S. Seal, W. T. Self, “Nanoceria exhibit redox state-dependent catalase mimetic activity” Chem. Commun., 2010, 46, 2736-2738.
84. Sanjay Singh, V. D’ Britto, A. Dhawan, M. Sastry, B. L. V. Prasad, “Bacterial Synthesis of Photo catalytically Active and Biocompatible TiO2 and ZnO Nanoparticles” International Journal of Green Nanotechnology 2010, 2, 80-99.
85. Sanjay Singh, A. Kumar, A. Karakoti, S. Seal, W. T. Self, “Unveiling the mechanism of uptake and sub-cellular distribution of cerium oxide nanoparticles” Mol. BioSyst., 2010, 6, 1813- 1820.
86. A. Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, J. M. Dowding, S. Seal, W. T. Self, “Redox-active Radical Scavenging Nanomaterials” Chemical Society Reviews, 2010, 39, 4422-4432.
87. Sanjay Singh, S. Jaiswal, P. Patel, A. A. Prabhune, C. V. Ramana, B. L. V. Prasad, “A direct method for the preparation of glycolipid-metal nanoparticle conjugates: sophorolipids as reducing and capping agents for the synthesis of water re-dispersible silver nanoparticles and their antibacterial activity” New J. Chem., 2009, 33, 646-652.
88. A. Kumar, Sanjay Singh, A. Prabhune, P. Poddar, A. Pundle, “Effect of Cultural Conditions and Media Constituents on Production of Penicillin V Acylase and CTAB Treatment to Enhance Whole-Cell Enzyme Activity of Rhodotorula aurantiaca (NCIM 3425)” Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol., 2009, 157, 463-472.
89. S. S. Hasan, Sanjay Singh, R. Y. Parikh, M. S. Dharne, M. S. Patole, B. L. V. Prasad, Y. S. Shouche, “Bacterial synthesis of Copper/Copper Oxide Nanoparticles” J. Nanosc. Nanotech. 2008, 8, 3191-3196.
90. S. Kulkarni, A. Sayed, Sanjay Singh, A. Gaikwad, K. Vijayamohanan, A. Ahmed, S. Ogale, “Silicate nanoparticles by bioleaching of glass and modification of the glass surface” J. Non Crystalline Solids, 2008, 354, 3433.
91. R. Parikh, Sanjay Singh, B. L. V. Prasad, M. S. Patole, M. Sastry, Y. S. Souche, “Extracellular synthesis of crystalline silver nanoparticles and molecular evidence of silver resistance from Morganella sp.: Towards understanding biochemical synthesis mechanism” ChemBioChem., 2008, 9, 1415-1422.
92. Sanjay Singh, U. M. Bhatta, P. V. Satyam, Alok Dhawan, Murali Sastry, B. L. V. Prasad, “Bacterial Synthesis of Silicon/Silica nanocomposites” J. Mater. Chem., 2008, 18, 2601-2606.
93. Sanjay Singh, R. Pasricha, U. M. Bhatta, P. V. Satyam, M. Sastry, B. L. V. Prasad, “Effect of halogen addition to monolayer protected gold nanoparticles” J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 16, 1614- 1619.
94. Sanjay Singh, B. L. V. Prasad, “Nearly Complete Oxidation of Au0 in Hydrophobized Nanoparticles to Au3+ ions by N-Bromosuccinimide” J. Phys. Chem. C, 2007, 111, 14348-14352.
95. M. Kasture, Sanjay Singh, P. Patel, P. A. Joy, A. A. Prabhune, C. V. Ramana, B. L. V. Prasad, Multiutility sophorolipids as nanoparticle capping agents: Synthesis of stable and water dispersible Co nanoparticles” Langmuir, 2007, 23, 11409-11412.
List of Book Chapters:
1. A. Joshi, G. Patel, Sanjay Singh, Atomic Force Microscopy: Imaging Modes and Biomedical Applications, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2021 (Under review).
2. N. Yadav, S. Bhagat, Sanjay Singh, Surface modification of Metal oxide nanoparticles to realize biological applications, Elsevier, 2021, (Under review).
3. J. Shah, S. Bhagat, Sanjay Singh, Role and implication of nanomaterials in clinical diagnostics, Elsevier, 2021, (Accepted).
4. S. Bhagat, Sanjay Singh, Cultivating human tissues and organs over lab-on-a-chip models: Recent progress and applications, Elsevier, 2021, (Accepted).
5. S. Bhagat, J. Shah, Sanjay Singh, Metal-Based Nanozyme: Strategies to Modulate the Catalytic Activity to Realize Environmental Application, Springer Nature, 2021, ISBN – 978-3-030-68229-3.
6. J. Shah, S. Bhagat, Sanjay Singh, Standard biological assays to estimate nanoparticle toxicity and bio-distribution, Elsevier, 2020. ISBN – 978-0-12-819943-5.
7. N. Yadav, Sanjay Singh, Nanoparticles catalyzing enzymatic reactions: recent developments and future prospects, Springer Nature, 2020, ISBN – 978-981-15-9919-4.
8. Sanjay Singh, Concluding remarks and future of nanomedicines, Springer Nature, 2020, ISBN – 978-981-15-9919-4.
9. R. Singh, Sanjay Singh, Nano manipulation: Novel Nanoproducts and their effect on Human Health and Environment, Springer Nature, 2019. ISBN – 978-981-13-6004-6.
10. J. Shah, S. Dave, A. Vyas, M. Shah, H. Arya, A. Gajipara, A. Vijapura, M. Bakshi, P. Thakore, R. Shah, V. Saxena, A. Shamal, Sanjay Singh, Nanomaterials-based next generation synthetic enzymes (nanozymes): Current challenges and future opportunities in biological applications Elsevier, 2019. ISBN – 9780128188231.
11. J. Shah, Sanjay Singh, Nanoparticle-Protein Corona Complex: Composition, Kinetics, Physicochemical Characterization, and Impact on Biomedical Applications, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2019. ISBN – 978-1-78801-391-8.
12. N. Yadav, V. Patel, Sanjay Singh, Cerium Oxide-Based Nanozymes in Biology and Medicine, Springer, Nature, 2019. ISBN – 978-981-15-0201-9.
13. R. Singh, Sanjay Singh, Surface Modification of Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications: Strategies and Recent Advances, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018. ISBN – 13; 978-1- 4987-2142-4.
14. Sanjay Singh, Factors affecting the toxicity of engineered nanomaterials: Interference and limitations of in vitro assays, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018. ISBN – 13; 978-1- 4987-9941-6.
15. R. Singh, Sanjay Singh, Nanomaterials in human disease diagnosis, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2018. ISBN – 978-1-78262-821-7.
16. A Kumar, Sanjay Singh, R Shanker, A. Dhawan, Nanotoxicology: Challenges for Biologists, Royal Society of Chemistry, 1-16, 2017. ISBN – 978-1-78262-158-4.
17. Sanjay Singh, Gold Nanoparticle-Based Methods for Detection of Oxidative Stress Biomarkers, Springer Nature, 2017, 65-95. ISBN – 978-981-10-4710-7.
18. Sanjay Singh, Synthesis of Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications, Nanotoxicology, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2017, 39-93. ISBN – 978-1-78262-158-4.
Ph D Students
Area of interest: Synthesis and characterization of biocompatible nanoparticles, Drug/Gene delivery, Antioxidant nanoparticles, and Animal Nutrition.
Google scholar link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=hYoafI8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
Area of interest: Nanoparticle synthesis, Nanozymes, and Anti-microbial activity of Nanoparticles.
Simona Tyagi (Jan 2022 – June 2022)
Integrated Masters in Life Science
Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Raveena Gaikwad (Jan 2022 – April 2022)
Masters in Life Science
Rajarshi Shahu Mahavidyalaya
S.R.T.M University, Nanded in Maharashtra, India
National Institute of Animal Biotechnology
Survey No. 37, Opp. Journalist Colony
Extended Q City Road, Near Gowlidoddy
Telangana – 500032