Prasad did his M.Sc. (2003) from Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam, and Ph.D. (2011) from Osaka University, Japan. Then he worked as a postdoctoral fellow (2012-2016) at University of California Davis, U.S.A., under the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator Neil Hunter. Later he continued as a post-doctoral research associate (2016-2017) at the same university. He Joined NIAB on 22nd January 2018.
Selected awards, honors and fellowships:
1. Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship (DBT, Govt. of India, 2017)
2. Post-doctoral fellowship: Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA (2012-2017)
3. Japanese Government Monbukagakusho (MEXT) scholarship (2007-2011)
4. R99 Industrial Fellowship, Japan (2008-2009)
5. JASSO Fellowship, Japan (2008- 2010)