Dr. Janani Radhakrishnan completed her M. Sc. (2011) in Biomedical Science (5 year integrated) from Bharathidasan University, India and pursued Ph.D. (2017) at the Centre for Nanotechnology and Advanced Biomaterials (CeNTAB), SASTRA University, Thanjavur, India. Further, she worked at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), Chennai as postdoctoral fellow (2018-2020) and DST INSPIRE faculty fellow at CSIR – Central Leather Research Institute, from December 2020. She has joined NIAB in August 2022.
Awards, Fellowships & Recognition
1) DST – INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship, Duration: 2020-2025
2) Founder Chancellor’s award for Best Ph.D. dissertation of year 2017 for sciences at SASTRA University.
3) Apr 2017: Indo-US Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF), DST sponsored student visit to the University of Connecticut, US (US Nodal Centre for Orthopaedic Research)
4) July 2015: Japan – Asia SAKURA student exchange program in science, Tokyo City University, Japan
5) INSPIRE Junior & Senior Research Fellowships awarded by DST, Government of India.
6) University First Rank in M.Sc. Biomedical Science, Bharathidasan University, India.
Early Career Editorial Advisory Board
ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering
Selected for ECR Peer review mentoring program (2021) and Reviewer in Nature Communications