Dr. Dey received his bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Sciences from West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences, Kolkata and Master’s in Animal Genetics and Breeding from CCS-Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar. Subsequently, he joined the Mycobacteriology laboratory of Prof. Anil K. Tyagi at the University of Delhi South Campus for his PhD and his doctoral work was focused on immunology and vaccine development against Tuberculosis.
Following completion of his PhD in Biochemistry in 2010, he continued his research in the same laboratory initially as a research associate and later as a Scientist-C until he moved to the USA as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the laboratory of Prof. William R. Bishai at the Center for Tuberculosis Research, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore in 2011. He continued research in the area of Tuberculosis host-pathogen signaling and immunology until 2016 and subsequently, he joined as a Senior Research Scientist at the National Emerging Infectious Disease Laboratories (NEIDL), Boston University, Boston, USA. Dr. Dey joined NIAB in December 2017.
Selected awards, honors and fellowships:
1. Ramanujan Fellowship (DST-SERB, Govt. of India, 2017)
2. UGC-Faculty Recharge Program (UGC-FRP, Govt. of India) Assistant Professor Selectee (Cycle IV, 2017)
3. Post-doctoral fellowship: Johns Hopkins University and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, MD, USA (2011-2016)
4. Junior (2004-2005) and Senior Research Fellowship (2006-2009): Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India
5. Member, American Society for Microbiology, Society of Biological Chemist, Association of Microbiologists of India and Veterinary Council of India