Dr. Anand Srivastava received Bachelors in Science (B.Sc.) from University of Delhi, Delhi, and Masters of Science (M.Sc-Biotechnology) from the Allahabad University, Allahabad, India. He did Ph.D. from Jawaharlal University (JNU) working at International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi, India. He then worked at Institut Pasteur, Paris (2008-2011) and Institut National de Transfusion Sanguine, Paris (2011-2012) as a Post-doctoral Fellow. He joined National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB) in 2013.
Selected awards, honors and fellowships:
- Poster award at Genomic 2019 conference held in Bengaluru (Jan 2018)
- Poster award at International Symposium on Malaria Biology and 29th National Congress of Parasitology on Basic and applied aspects (ISMBNCP-2018) at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad (Nov 2018)
- Best oral presentation award in 13th Conference on Vectors and Vector Borne Diseases, Chennai (Mar 2017).
- Fellowship to attend PHARE workshop, Martina Franca, Italy (2009).
- Keystone Symposia Scholarship (2010).
- Postdoctoral fellowship from Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale (FRM) France (2011-2012).
- Qualified joint Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB) National Eligibility Test (NET), India for lectureship (June 2003).
- Qualified joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET), India for JRF and lectureship. (June and December 2001)
- Studentship, awarded by the Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi, India (December 1999).
Membership of Societies:
- Society of Biological Chemists, Bangalore (Life member)
- The Indian Society for Parasitology, Lucknow (Life Member)
- Proteomics Society (India) (Life Member)
- Indian society of Cell Biology (Life Member)
Area of Specialization: Host parasite interaction, Proteomics, Drug discovery, Yeast 2 hybrid, Phage display